Weekend sales, two new books, pop-ups in New York, London, and California, and more this post-holiday weekend:
- Margot is eagerly awaiting Never Waste a Good Crisis, a new book by international organization What Design Can Do, featuring “31 creative optimists who are working to reinvent our relationship with waste.”
- Longtime Remodelista favorites Henry Street Studio is having their annual winter ceramics sale next week, December 2-3 from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Swift Studios (1239 Broadway, 13th Floor) in Manhattan; more info here.
- Today and tomorrow (Sunday), the JB Blunk Estate will be popping up at the Monocle Christmas Market in London, with Blunk cups, books, and glasses of glühwein in stock. Stop by from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Midori House, 1 Dorset Street, London. Stateside, Blunk Space is hosting a pop-up of its own, featuring the work of three ceramic artists; it’s open today and tomorrow from 12 pm. to 5 p.m. at Blunk Space, 11101 CA-1 #105, Point Reyes Station, CA.
- Maine-based blanket co. Evangeline Linens, Thos. Moser furniture makers, and Campfire Pottery are teaming up to give away two Thos. Moser stools, four ceramic place settings, and a cashmere throw; head here for more info and to enter (by November 30th).
- Spotted: a smart-looking Ikea upgrade.
- And another good-looking curtained bed alcove (to be filed under Trend Alert: Classic Curtained Beds, for a Long Winter’s Nap).
- On our reading lists (profiled this week on Gardenista): The View from Federal Twist: A New Way of Thinking About Gardens, Nature and Ourselves.
- Nine ways to store books by the bedside.
- as part of Areaware‘s Happy Holidays Sale, readers get 30 percent off everything; use code HAPPY30 at checkout. Natural textiles co. Urbanara is offering 30 percent off sitewide with code FLASH30. And Wescover, the online marketplace is offering 10 percent off with code BLACKFRIDAY2021.)
- A few sales of note: As part of Areaware‘s Happy Holidays Sale, readers get 30 percent off all of their designer-created offerings; use code HAPPY30 at checkout. Natural textiles co. Urbanara is offering 30 percent off sitewide with code FLASH30. And Wescover, the online marketplace for wares by independent makers, is offering 10 percent off with code BLACKFRIDAY2021.
- And be sure to check out The 2021 Remodelista Guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales, going on this weekend, for more.
May we recommend: